NHRS Social Media Terms and Conditions
In an effort to connect with and provide information to our members, retirees and other beneficiaries, the New Hampshire Retirement System (NHRS, the retirement system) has established social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
These accounts provide an opportunity to share information about NHRS programs and activities. If you are looking for official information about the retirement system, please visit our website at www.nhrs.org.
NHRS SOCIAL MEDIA PRINCIPLES
- NHRS will post timely, accurate public information.
- When possible, NHRS will link directly to online references and original source materials.
- NHRS will monitor third-party comments based on the guidelines listed below.
- NHRS will not answer personal benefit-related questions via social media. If you have a question related to your specific situation, we encourage you to contact our office by email at [email protected] or by telephone weekdays between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. at (877) 600-0158 or (603) 410-3500.
- NHRS will not post any information specifically related to any member. No personal information will be shared on this page. NHRS will remove any information pertaining to a specific member.
- NHRS is governed by New Hampshire RSA 100-A, rules, regulations, and Federal laws including the Internal Revenue Code. NHRS also implements policies adopted by the Board of Trustees. These laws, rules, regulations, and policies are subject to change. Even though the goal of NHRS is to provide information that is current, correct, and complete, NHRS does not make any representation or warranty as to the current applicability, accuracy, or completeness of any information provided. The information herein is intended to provide general information only, and should not be construed as a legal opinion or as legal advice. In the event of any conflict between the information herein and the laws, rules, and regulations which govern NHRS, the laws, rules, and regulations shall prevail.
Comments are screened by NHRS after they are posted. Comments will not be edited by retirement system staff, but will be deleted if they do not comply with these guidelines.
Please keep your comments clean and inoffensive. Please follow these simple posting guidelines. If you don’t comply, your message will be removed.
- Public comments should be limited to comments related to the posted topic. We do not allow graphic, obscene, explicit, or racial comments or submissions nor do we allow comments that are abusive, hateful, or intended to defame anyone or any organization.
- We will remove any comment or information that inaccurately describes benefits provided by NHRS.
- We do not allow solicitation and advertisements. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency. Similarly, we do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any financial, commercial, or non-governmental agency.
- We do not allow any comment or content that suggests or encourages illegal activity.
- You participate at your own risk, and are responsible for your comments, username, and any information you provide.
- Communications via social media will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to NHRS or any official or employee of NHRS for any purpose.
- Information is made available to you for your independent use and is not intended to provide retirement advice. Recipients of content from this site should not act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the site without seeking the appropriate legal, financial, or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipients state or qualified financial consultant, as appropriate.
- The appearance of external links or advertisements on an NHRS social media page does not reflect the opinions of NHRS, nor can their appearance be construed as NHRS an endorsement or confirmation of their accuracy. NHRS does not exercise any editorial control over the information served to you by Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or YouTube, and their third-party advertisers.
- This policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time to ensure its continued use is consistent with its intended purpose as a limited forum.
For a timely and authorized response, please refrain from submitting media questions via social media. Send all media questions directly to the NHRS Public Information Office at [email protected] or (603) 410-3594.