Tracking the Status of a Bill in the Current Legislative Session
- Visit the New Hampshire General Court website: http://gencourt.state.nh.us/
- Under the heading of “State Legislation Dash Board,” enter the bill number in the space provided after “Find a Bill”. Format: Use HB for House Bills and SB for Senate Bills followed by the bill number without any spaces; for example, Senate Bill 309 would be entered as SB309.
- Click “Submit” to go to the Bill Status System Search Results screen. This screen shows a brief overview of the bill’s current status, including Chaptered Law # (if enacted), Bill number, Title, Session Year, General Status (G-Status), House Status, Senate Status, Next/Last Committee, and Next/Last Hearing.
- Information available through links on the Bill Status System Search Results screen:
- Bill Docket - Chronology of all actions taken on the bill: Includes date, legislative body and
a brief description of the action taken. It also shows when amendments are adopted by a
committee. A list of Docket Abbreviations may be accessed at the upper right of the docket
- Bill Status – Shows LSR # and detailed information about General Status, House Status, Senate Status, Bill Sponsors, and Next/Last Hearing.
- Bill Text – Initially shows the text of the bill as introduced. The bill text on the website is modified if amendments to the bill are adopted by the full House or Senate.
- Roll Call Votes – Provides details of all roll call votes taken, if any.
Tracking the Status of a Bill from a Previous Legislative Session
- Visit the New Hampshire General Court website.
- Under the heading of “State Legislation Dash Board,” double click on “Quick Bill Search.” Enter the Session Year and Bill Number in the spaces provided using the format explained above.
- Information and links available are the same as described in #3 and #4 above.
Calendars and Journals
To review a specific calendar or journal online, return to the New Hampshire General Court website. Choose either the link to the “House of Representatives” or “NH State Senate” and then choose the link to “Calendars and Journals.” Finally, choose the desired calendar or journal, either by number or by date.