Reporting Corrected Wages

Jun 25, 2019

The integrity of the data NHRS receives from its employers is crucial to our ability to effectively administer retirement benefits. In cases where an employer incorrectly reports earnable compensation paid to a member, or reports pay types incorrectly for members not vested prior to 1/1/12 (for example, reporting overtime as base pay instead of compensation over base pay), the record must be corrected.

When an employer compliance audit finds that wage information was reported incorrectly, employers must submit corrected data to NHRS via a file upload to the NHRS Data Reporting System (DRS). Files can be created either by web entry on the DRS or as a fixed-length file generated directly from the employer’s payroll system. 

Corrections must be made within 60 days of the date of the Audit Report or as soon as possible if the adjustment arises outside of an audit.

Click here to view step-by-step instructions.