NHRS Three-year Strategic Plan Priorities
July 2017 – June 2020
2017-2018 (FY 18)
- Complete Phase II of process improvement project (“PIP II”), for Insurance, Employer Reporting Services and QDRO
- Continue to improve services to our members.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communication and education program for employers.
- Enhance IT security and redundancy.
- Complete evaluation of upgrade of LRS Pension Gold to a newer version and / or alternatives; make recommendation.
- Increase education outreach to members in the early to mid-career stage.
- Participate in and support Legislative Decennial Commission.
- Implement GASB 74 (effective June 30, 2017).
2018-2019 (FY 19)
- Review and adjust the three year strategic plan as appropriate.
- Execute on remaining PIP II implementation per project plan developed in prior year.
- Implement GASB 75 (effective June 30, 2018).
- Assist in implementation of findings from Legislative Decennial Commission.
- Set contribution rates for FY 20 & 21, using the June 30, 2017 valuation.
2019-2020 (FY 20)
- Evaluate progress on all objectives and initiatives over prior 24 months to determine what has been achieved and what still needs to be addressed.
Plan does not address day-to-day issues such as managing implications of legislative action or litigation outcomes, which may be material, but are entirely unpredictable. Also, see KPMs for performance measures.
FY 19 and FY 20 will be reviewed and adjusted depending on results of FY 18.